Pieces of me . . .

My photo
Zurich, Switzerland
I am currently living and working as an aupair near Zurich, traveling in my free time, learning German, and enjoying fantastic cheese and wine!

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Zum Gerburtstag viel gluck, Zum Geburtstag viel gluck!

Aww! My birthday has been so amazing! Seriously the best ever so far for so many reasons! Spending it away from family in a country across an ocean and miles upon miles away can be hard but can offers so many surprises and blessings! I have made some amazing friends while being here that I'll keep a lifetime! Last night I met up with Miriam in Central Starbucks in Zurich (many memories at that place) and we sat for a bit and chatted and she said okay we are getting you a cake! We then walked to COOP and bought a chocolate torte and candles and walked down to Rudolf Brun Brucke and on the side with the huge stone wall (also memories there, lol) we found a dry spot (had been pouring and hailing an hour before) to consume my cake. :-) She also bought my a white rose (heheh) and my fave chocolate bar and the best card was hidden inside the chocolate bar that I found later when I took a few bites. :-D
The Grossmunster in the distance!
22 candles!
Golly, ich bin alt! ( i am old) hehe
Gorgeous babe, love ya!
So we are sitting there fighting over who was going to eat the rest, when she hit me the half the cake!!! Lol, a huge fight broke out, haha, best ever! People started walking by, some judging the mess we were making and others seeing the humour in our zest for life! ;-)
She totally started it!
Earlier that week walking back from church, enjoying the sunset!
ZURICHSEE from the Uetliberg! Mirm and I decided to last weekend explore the Uetliberg and see Zurich from above! Gorgeous!
There were some interesting Giraffe lamposts up there . . . *raised eyebrow*
Zuich and me! How can a place be this lovely?!?
Storms in Zurich! View of the lake from Bellevueplatz!
That cloud looked like death coming to snatch us away! Loved the feel in the air though, sitting by the lake! Made it just in time to the COOP restaurant for tea before the heavens opened and rained down God's fury . . . Was also Euro pride weekend.

1 comment:

Joana said...

awww, amazing bday! and I wish I had met Miriam :(( imagine us 4 having fun xD lol! that would be pure madness...