Pieces of me . . .

My photo
Zurich, Switzerland
I am currently living and working as an aupair near Zurich, traveling in my free time, learning German, and enjoying fantastic cheese and wine!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Venezia

Venice was lovely and everything I had expected and more! I would really love to come back for the carnival that is held annually in February. :-D
The city to find masks!

Hahaha, so not allowed to take photos and I love the fact that I got this woman in the shot!
The famous bridge in Venice and the water highway! ;-) Sarah, me, Miriam
Tourists waving to tourists! We asked how much the gondola rides were and the lady at the trainstation kept yelling at us, 80 euro for 40 minutes! So, then whenever we needed to know the price of something one of us would yell, 80 EURO FOR 40 MINUTES!!! lol . . .
Dipping our feet in the grand canale.
Hahah, no photographs allowed . . .
Here we found a little restaurant were famous old actors enjoyed the venetian cuisine, like Clark Gable, Joan Crawford, and Charlie Chaplain!
Love this art! I want to hang this in my home someday!!
Hehehe, fulfillment of many dreams!
Creepers, but amusing ones at that . . . typical italian behaviour I guess. ;-)

European sweets! and NUTELLA!!!! LOVE this stuff. I guess rather an aquired taste like Rivella and mineral water, which I am surprised to say I have grown acustomed too. ;-)
Front door!?!?
And yucky croissants! lol . . .
So ended our amazing, whirlwind taste of Italy! We jumped on the train again after a few hours in Venice to make our way back to Switzerland almost missing three connections because of the typical italiam lateness. We were even more thankful for the Swiss efficiancy and ever constant clean surrondings and sighed with relief once crossing over and passing Lugano! Was lovely all the same though! :-D

No comments: