Pieces of me . . .

My photo
Zurich, Switzerland
I am currently living and working as an aupair near Zurich, traveling in my free time, learning German, and enjoying fantastic cheese and wine!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Rhine Falls and weekend pictures

Chickens!!! lol . . . near Lacey's dwelling

I love these clocks!!! I want to own one one day, they do cost a small fortune though . . .
IKEA!!! I want this mug, tis huge!!!!
Pizza flambee! How sophisticated!
Girls night out. ;-)
The FALLS!!! Und reganbowen (rainbow)

Lacey snapped this one and it looks like I am standing in the middle, love it!!!
WOW!!!
Alter des falls, they are 14,ooo -17,000 years old!!!

Where the little Swiss flag is in the middle? Yep, that's where we were standing . . . "it rocked my world" ;-)
Deutsch Learnen!!!

The Rhine Falls the largest waterfall in Europe I believe. Doesn't look all that fascinating from this distance, but we took the ferry out to the middle of the falls and climbed up and it was AMAZING!!!! The water is so clear too . . .
In the middle of the falls




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are some real nice photos of you with the falls as backdrop, we have to visit them as well sometimes, been ages now that we are in siwtzerland but never made time to go see that.

the flambe actually is not pizza but some sort of bread. i think it even originates in france. if you are into food the european cuisine has lots to offer.

must say also totally adore your smile and your light and happy mood. makes me happy to see you so happy enjoying your time here so much.

well if you like to know more about me feel free to ask, at the moment i am still a bit too shy to let you see my blog but maybe that will change soon.

we are actually also not that far away fom you. well anyways, so glad and loving your new entry.

love to read about your experience in siwtzerland, tell me have you made any bad experiences with swiss people so far? they can be a bit stuck up sometimes, no?

well all the best to you, best regards and much love ;)

Switzerland_Aupair said...

Thanks! The falls were lovely and fantastic photo opportunities. ;-)

Oh my!! I LOVE food, lol, so just the opportunity to be here to consume such amazing delicasies is suberb!

Hehe, thank you! I am so glad to hear that you enjoy my blog and I would definitely love to know more about you and whenever you are ready to share your blog I look forward to reading it as well!

Are you living nearby?

Hehe, the Swiss . . . I will admit that I do miss the Southern hospitality back home. Random people helping you, chatting , and so forth. However, at first I thought that the Swiss were very closed up, which is true towards strangers, but I have noticed they are very friendly and more than helpful to those whom they know. Actually, sometimes t'is nice to know that I won't appear rude if I don't talk to anyone around me here. ;-) Also rather practical as I cannot, even if I wanted too. :D