Pieces of me . . .

My photo
Zurich, Switzerland
I am currently living and working as an aupair near Zurich, traveling in my free time, learning German, and enjoying fantastic cheese and wine!

Friday, September 5, 2008

Meinem Deutschkurs und das woche!

German classes this week started off rather well, despite my nerves getting the better of me. I did not feel prepared walking into class on Monday, but everything went smoothly, so left feeling alright. ;-) One day we even lit candles holding them to our mouths to pratice our "p's and q's" literally. At which time I dutifully pulled out the ever famous "My Fair Lady" and recited, "In HARTFORD, HEREFORD, and HAMPSHIRE, HURRICANES HARDLY ever HAPPEN!" Frau Tscherrig actually laughed, hehehe. I do believe Higgins was proud. ;-)

For one of the homework bits we had to write a letter in response to another letter we had read together in class. Following is mine first in German, than in English. :-)

Liebe Carla,
Hallo, wie geht es ihnen? Ich bin super das monat mit meinem ferien von universitat. Danke fur irhem lang brief! Jedoch, ich habe keine zeit zuschreiben langsam brief, aber bald ich schreibe mehr. Tut mir Leid! Ich leibe dein bild, dass du mir geschickt. Deine familie ist ganz schon und ihrem hund Jacques ist uber niedlich. Wie alt ist Jacques und was Art ist eure hund?
Ich auch liebe Tanzen! Ist eure tanzpartner ganz gut tanzer aber mehr wichtig ist er gut ausseherd? ;-)
Ich mochte zuschreiben mehr, aber ich muss gehen arbeitet. :-( Ich schreibe mir bald, aber bis bald, du habst gut wochenende und habst gut zeit mir eure tanzpartner. :-D
Deine Freundin,
. . . This is not correct I know, but I am so pleased. :-D

Dear Carla,
Hello, how are you? I am super this month with my holidays from university. Thank you for your long letter! However, I don't have time to write a long letter, but soon I will write more. Sorry! I love the picture you sent to me. Your family is lovely and your dog is so cute. How old is Jacques and what type of dog is he? I also love dancing! Is your dance partner a good dancer, but more importantly (the teacher chuckled at this part) is he handsome? ;-)
I want to write more, but I must get to work. :-( I shall write soon, but till then, have a good weekend and have a good time with your dance partner. :-D
Your friend . . .

I love German . . . truly tis a gorgeous language!!! However, Italian has to be the sexiest . . .

This weekend nothing much has occured, however it was fun and enjoyably relaxing. Saturday, Lacey and I had intended to tour some Roman ruins near her house however we both slept in rather late and instead went to Media Mart and IKEA in Dietlikon to look at cameras and movies and furniture. ;-) I love IKEA!!! Then we ate Bratwurt and jumped on a few trains and came back to eat the frozen pizza we bought at the Coop and hang out. After a lovely girl's night we walked to the train station and slept fabulously.

Sunday was church and I must say that I am always encouraged for the next week after listening to the readings and the sermons. Never is one sermon the same as another and somehow each time I actually make it to church, I am amazed at how relevant what the Pastor says is towards my own previous week. After church we walked to Stadelhofen Bahnhof while I talked to a fellow homeschooler who was visiting his friend who is a new aupair. After the others joined us the witty remarks flew about between the two guys and twas vastly amusing. Apparently do not try a mocking Hitler sallute in relation to Monty Python while on a SBB train . . . even if you are British, and apparently one's language deterorates upon learning a new language . . . I wonder. We were laughing so hard over so any silly things and then as a lady stepped off the escalator with her dog (we were talking in a circle) the dog, who was attached to a leash runs around us trying to eat pigeons. Lol, we were carrying on so, everyone was watching with their straight faces.

After looking at 115CHF shoes we walked to an Italian resterant and had fabulous food, then parted ways and now I must study, get ready for tomorrow, call the family, and curl up with a good book!!! The weeks are starting to get colder, which in and of itself would be fine, however soon I shall need warmer clothing, which I do not possess at the moment, and apparently the sun disapears entirely here for months . . . :-'( I've been told to visit tanning beds in order to prevent "no sun depression". *rolls eyes*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just found your blog and i must say i am amazed, thank you for sharing your thoughts and so much more, you have got one more interested reader now. ;)

Switzerland_Aupair said...

Aww, thanks! :-D