Today's NT and OT readings= Ro. 8:18-39 and Gen. 46:28-47:12
Have I said yet how much I love IPC Fellowship!?! It is such a small, lovely traditional church, which I have just found out, has once a month fellowship meals. :-D Today was communion and the Apostles Creed as well as a church picnic afterwards, which I dutifully gave up in order to study my German. ;-) Every service is the Doxology and Gloria Patri and lovely Hymns, which I hardly ever know . . . lol.
Walking home Friday night after a lovely Chinese meal in the city with a huge bag that Jessica gave me full of brown sugar (apparently an exclusive American item), vanilla, hair straightener, and other items I had to pass a group of kids smoking and whatever else in the dark. I started to walk a little faster as I passed them and as I did so they yelled, "Gruezi" and "Hoi, schatz!" Hmm, after talking to Lacey at the Rhine Falls the next day I discovered schatz is an endearing term, like sweetheart, darling, perhaps honeychile'? Oh my . . .
Saturday, I met Lacey and we went to the Rhine Falls in Schlosshausen!!! I was so thrilled! And they were absolutely terrifying!!! People could have DIED there!!!! Seriously! The day was perfect and my pictures were fabulous, which I shall add soon!
Trying to figure out "am, auf, im, in, ins, ab, bis" and so forth and looking it up in an English/German online dictionary for "im" discovered, "Nie im Leben" means, "Not on your Nelly". Um, what!?! Apparently I am not only learning German, but British English slang. . .
Tomorrow morning my German classes begin again and by 19 of September I shall have finished A1 and will hopefully start A2 before Herbstferien (fallholidays) because I still have levels B and C to do. 0_0 I am actually rather nervous, but excited as well to finally get back to classes again, hopefully I will not look like an idiot . . .
Pieces of me . . .
- Switzerland_Aupair
- Zurich, Switzerland
- I am currently living and working as an aupair near Zurich, traveling in my free time, learning German, and enjoying fantastic cheese and wine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment