Pieces of me . . .

My photo
Zurich, Switzerland
I am currently living and working as an aupair near Zurich, traveling in my free time, learning German, and enjoying fantastic cheese and wine!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

St. Gallen on Wednesday after the aupair meeting

I have more cute photos from this trip, but this shall have to do for now. ;-)
Stephanie and the Lapiderium, housing stones as far back as the 8th century
hehehe . . . Rebecca
Walkin' around St. Gallen
DR. PEPPER!!!!
Trying to figure out German in the Lapiderium
What the library looks like, but this does nothing to show the amazing beauty of seeing it in person! Photos weren't allowed . . . :-(

I sneaked this one real quick of the shoes one has to put on to walk into the library. I love being naughty with a camera . . . hehe




View of the church from above
"The large seal of Ulrich Rosch."
On Wednesday (a few weeks ago ;-) ) I spent the morning at Starbucks for the meeting and then myself and two other aupairs joined me for the hour trainride into St. Gallen to see the Abbey Library and do some shopping and just walk around. :-)
We went to the Shiftzbibliothek and the Lapiderium, which were absolutely amazing. Definitely worth the trip if one is in Zurich, because it is only one hour by train. We bought lunch at the Coop and ate in the grass with the gypsies, haha, almost got stuff stolen, but we were too clever, lol, no I think it was just there were three of us. Then we hopped on the train again and headed home. :-D

No comments: