Pieces of me . . .

My photo
Zurich, Switzerland
I am currently living and working as an aupair near Zurich, traveling in my free time, learning German, and enjoying fantastic cheese and wine!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My weekend adventures!

On Friday of last week or so, lol, I met Lacey at the airport (Flughafen) and we did some shopping for her BBQ she was hosting while her host fam was away. :-) I helped her get the place ready a bit and entertained guests as they trickled in while she kept going down to the bus stop to pick up people and show them the way to the house. When everyone showed up we had a merry time, great food, and lively discussions. :-D We also celebrated Sally's b-day with a special aussie dessert!

Ethan snapping photos!
Jessica, Heinrick, and Bernd

Megs! She is so cute and made two wonderful salads! Yum! Aupairs in the kitchen!!!Street Parade in Zurich was interesting . . . people came out . . . where had they been hiding all these months?!?
This made me so mad . . . definitely NOT a family affair . . .

What must be going through their heads at this moment . . . lol . . .
And People were INSANE!
ICK!!! All the trash was horrible. Not smart wearing flip flops, amashing my feet didn't get cut up with all the broken glass . . .
It was SSSSOOOOO Packed!!!! Millions of people . . .
After spending the night with Lacey, I just camped out there the whole weekend, we went to Church, met Chrissy and then walked along the lake. Zurich was clean again!!!
This was great! We stopped walking along the lake to watch this guy and for once in my life my smile got me in trouble, because he saw it and called me over and said that I had "gross" smile, haha, meaning BIG smile and said I deserved two ballons for my smile and then said I was going to be married with a smile like that, I was so embarassed . . . so he made me a heart ballon with a white bear on the side. :-P
Riding the train to Lacey's for supper
Raclette!!! The absolute best supper of my life, so much cheese! Traditionally they also eat pickles, lots of wine, too help in the digestion of all that cheese. Oh, the Swiss are amazing and the Germans, with their hearty meals, yum!!!

No comments: