Pieces of me . . .

My photo
Zurich, Switzerland
I am currently living and working as an aupair near Zurich, traveling in my free time, learning German, and enjoying fantastic cheese and wine!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Our first day in Genova and the ferry ride into Barcelona, Spain! :-D

I think I give up on trying to put these photos in order, takes far too bloomin' long and I have not the patience when I am thus far behind. :-)


My first ferry ride, the Genova coast.

The Genova coast
Another ferry pulling in as the sun is setting, so romantic! I needed someone to hug! ;-)
:-D T'is so lovely!


This was O and J and I being extremely goofy on this Pirate ship model that was used in a movie. We paid a few frances for just the three of us to explore while Mr and Mrs X waited on the dock. Was hilarious! We just kept running around checking everything out. Fulfilled a childhood dream *ticks of a box*!!!


Ferry sign in Italian and English
This is J, Mr and Mrs X and the absolutely TINY cabin. Mrs X reserved "a chair" for me to sleep in during the night in this special room that was like a plane and thankfully nobody else was next to me so I took up TWO chairs, how awesome is that!?! Community sleeping rooms . . . haha . . .



I think I want to go Blonde . . . are you keen? (I love being around aussies!!!!)




The Captain's cabin!!!


During the afternoon we took this trolly straight up the mountain (really scary since it was so steep) and walked a long ways up to stop and have a bite at this bar.


The city "Kirche" or rather church in Italian, whatever that is.


CROCODILES at the acquario
Tree frogs!

the trolly to go up the mountian
the view from the moutain


The few Dolphins at the aquario
Eek!!!! This snake is cool looking, but terrifying!!!
"taken on the jellies, man . . . you got some serious thrill issues . . . "

During our day in Genova, we went to Europe's largest aqaurium, which in all honesty is absolutely nothing compared to Chattanooga and Sea World is positively amazing and CLEAN (poor dolphins) so save your money and go to Fla and Universal too!

Btw, I've come to the conclusion that when I am finished with this phase of my life I will take a road trip around the U.S. and become familiar with MY country and the amazing things there. Granted, places don't date back to the 4th century or earlier, but still I want to get out there and immerse myself in it!!!

We also walked around the inner maze of the city again after the aqaurium and the kiddos and I toured this awesome Pirate ship and we ate a snack on top of the mountain next to a castle, walked around more, and then made our way to the ferry where we waited in line for three hours almost before we could board the ship. The kiddos and I played a card game called "Phase 10" really fun, after I finally understood how to play. Lol, learning a new card game is confusing enough, without having to translate into a language other than one's mother tongue, haha.
Once we boarded and put the couple of bags in the cabin we made our way to the top of the ship. The view was amazing as the sun was setting and the stars began to appear. I've never really been on a ship before, I mean small boats in water not all that deep, but this was entirely new and a bit odd. I think I liked it . . . lol . . . One has to pack light, and have a separate bag with bare essentials when doing these kind of things. Also have to be more accepting of body oder . . . seriously. O_O
We then went down to eat supper at 10pm, with a continually swaying feeling, lol, didn't get sick the whole time so that was superb! We sat in the bar/lounge area with everyone else and listened to an Italian man sing in the background. Visions of Simon Cowell and his remarks kept popping up in my mind, haha, is that horrible!?! ;-) Close 1am it was time for me to adjorn to my chair and sleep the night away, which intead resulted in watching Heros on the big screen in Italian and listening to Italian conversation and snores until finally morning came. Then it was breakfast, staring at nothing but water for almost two hours by myself which was relaxing and then lunch, more card games, more waiting, watching as we pulled into Barcelona, Spain and then more waiting till we could get off. :-) We then got in the car and drov to Zaragoza for the Expo . . . :-)

No comments: