Friday night I babysat while the parents went out and we had supper, sang opera, had drinking contests (water only ;-) ) and ate popcorn while watching 10,000 B.C. in German of course. Never have seen this movie so I was a bit confused . . .
Saturday, I slept in super late, laid in bed wondering if I should get up and be productive, lol, and decided to check my facebook and decided to meet some of the aupairs in Zurich. We then walked down to the lake and lounged in the shade talking and people watching for about three hours. Another aupair came to join us for awhile, and then we all ended up parting ways. While walking to the other station one of the aupairs showed me the old town area. They call it the Neaderdorf (not sure if that is spelled right!) and it is absolutely adorable. Most places were closing at 5.oo uhr so, or rather 17.00 uhr, so we rambled through this Indian bazaar thing, she showed me a few nice bars, and then we window shopped and went home.
We also saw a few crazy people at the park area and there was an interesting indian parade passing by, not really sure what that was all about, but they were throwing fruit at people so it was highly amusing! Did they have a Rajai!?! 
Today one of the aupairs and I met at the station and then walked to the International Protestant church of Zurich for my first service here. It was a lot of fun and really encouraging as my week had not been that great. Of all things to speak about, I found it amusing the Pastor spoke about finding a good wife, and praying for one's future spouse. Lol. Was really nice to be in that atmosphere again and while I may not go every week due to traveling, it is nice to know that there is a good English church, which is more that open and accomodating to newcomers. Haha, had to stand up and introduce myself. :-D
Afterwards, the aupair and I went out for cake at this great little specialty shop, devoted to desserts and drinks. We talked for while and made tentative plans for the upcoming week. It was really nice to talk to somebody about everything and listen to other "horror" stories about other aupairs. While this is an amazing experience and one I will take advantage of as long as I am able, I am beginning to realize that it isn't as romantic as it sounded. But thankfully they haven't put spiders in my bed, or frogs in my pockets, or pine cones in my chair. ;-) Lol, the kids aren't that bad, but aupairs are definitely left to the mercy of "their kids" and really I do believe one ought to feel sorry for them because it has to be hard for them to always have to readjust to new aupairs. No wonder they sometimes make it difficult for us.
The huge summer ball they were having inside the HaubtBahnhof. This sign basically says the event is on Saturday evening, Free entry, and from 8pm-2am. :-D 
No comments:
Post a Comment