Yesterday went great!
One awesome thing was that after class I was making my way to my usual train and it said "18 Minuten Spater" and I could understand it!!! Since it was going to be 18 mins. late I found another train and was only 5 minutes later coming home for lunch. :-D
The kiddos and I did the usual and then I left for an evening of Scottish Country dancing in Zurich. Since I have to pay for my train tickets into Zurich (around 10 CHF) this worked out perfectly because I could cram dancing, aupair meeting, and a bit of afternoon touring into one 24 hour trip ticket! I became extremely lost due to getting on the wrong bus, lol, it was the right number, but I got on on the wrong side and then had to get off in some crazy area and wait forever for the next #31 bus going in the other direction. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was absolutely right when he said that one could set the time by the trains, however buses are an entirely different matter.
I then found the right stop and had to walk to the St. Andrews Church and after having a kind Italian (who didn't speak English, lol) point me in the right direction and calling the dance instructor I realized it was under the church. I then made the huge mistake of walking into the main church area and after smelling insence I realized not the right entrance, lol. I finally walked into the dance 30 mins later. :-P It was great fun and everyone was surprised that I came a second time especially since the last group fell apart. I think I much prefer contra as it is easier for me because for some reason I cannot think in terms of squares and so it was a bit confusing, but they all said I caught on quickly so that was great. I was invited to sing in the choir and join the international women's club, so I shall find out more info about that. :-)
I was then chaperoned to the Stadelhofen bahnhof which is so much closer than the Haubtbahnhof and was incouraged to go to Germany for Christmas to experiance a true German Christmas. :-D
This morning I went to the aupair meeting and tonight if I do not work too late I am going to meet the gals and we are going to go to an area in Zurich with big screens to watch Germany and Turkey play in the Euro 2008. Tonight they play and tomorrow Russia and Spain play and then if I understand it correctly, on Sunday the winners play for the final Euro 2008 games, so it shall be CRAZY! I am so excited! I was also planning on going to the Contra dance on Saturday, but I think instead I shall experiance sleeping in a mouse infested barn somewhere in the Alps(?) with the aupairs. :-P It will definitely be interesting. I found out today that I need to buy a certain pass for a year for 150 Fr. so that since I am 21 I can travel anywhere in Switzerland after 7pm for free which will save me soooo much!
This afternoon I went to the Kunshaus of Zurich, which was an art museum. I was a bit disappointed due to amount of modern art everywhere, but there were some lovely paintings of Delacroix's and all the Impressionists artists, as well as some I'd never heard which I loved. I was lucky at first to sneak some pictures in before I was told to put my bag in the lockers! The pictures are above and the new artists I love are; Heinrich Fussli, Albert Anker, and Albert Welti. The one below cracked me up! I personally do not understand modern art (maybe I am an idoit) but I loved watching this guy listen to an audio guide while studying this "work of art". :-P 
No comments:
Post a Comment