Salzburg was amazing and beautiful and hopefully again I can make it back to see more of the city. The hostel we stayed in was so much fun and super cheap with the bar and restaurant inside as well! I love this city!!
Pieces of me . . .
- Switzerland_Aupair
- Zurich, Switzerland
- I am currently living and working as an aupair near Zurich, traveling in my free time, learning German, and enjoying fantastic cheese and wine!
Friday, May 1, 2009
Salzburg, Osterreich, made famous by Mozart and the Von Trapp family!
I loved Salzburg too! Unfortunetely it rained for the two days that I was there!!! :( I did pay the money to do the Sound of Music tour which was absolutely worth it, even on a rainy day! Below is the gate and the location for filming the scenes on the lake in the "backyard" on the Von Trapp family home.
The Gazebo which was moved to the Hellbrunn Schloss.
The scene where Maria sings the "Confidence" song and frolics down the lane and stops at the gate of this house to collect more confidence happens here!
The back of the house

Almdudler! The yummy austrian gingerale/apple soda drink! The bus ride with the tour was great and our host was hilarious! We also watched a bit of the movie and listened to the soundtrack! So much fun!
The church in which the Captain and Maria were married!
The tour ended at Mirabell gardens and then Sara (met her in the hostel) and myself toured the gardens together which was such a thrill!
I LOVE these flowers, wisteria!?! So gorgeous!
I HAD to pull a Julie Andrews and sing!!! On the Do-Re-Mi stairs!
A good view of the gardens were so lovely!!
The dwarf the children run by and touch, hehe, Sara was a die hard so I enjoyed going along with her!
Oh yes I did!!! I ran and frolicked and twirled and danced just like Julie Andrews and the children!

Walking around the sides streets of a town can often prove very rewarding! On our casual rambles no where really intended we happened upon this lovely group of people! Haha, if you need a trim, go to Salon Katja's!
The Mozart bridge and a bit of the view of Salzburg beneath the clouds was a refreshing view.
Sacher torte anyone?

Woo hoo! We heard the nuns sing in the Nonnburg convent!! Just like in the movie, and it was lovely! The lady let us stay for a bit to hear it and it was mesmerizing!
Hehe, again like in the movie, behind the Nonnburg convent gates!
The cathedral below were Mozart was baptized which unfortunetely we didn't make it in time before it closed!
Inside the Hohensalzburg schloss! Took forever to walk up as it is litereally straight up this massive hill. Was built that way so that if anyone TRIED to attack the fortress it would take them forever to walk up there and likely be killed before they ever even reached the top.
Salzburg was amazing and beautiful and hopefully again I can make it back to see more of the city. The hostel we stayed in was so much fun and super cheap with the bar and restaurant inside as well! I love this city!!
Salzburg was amazing and beautiful and hopefully again I can make it back to see more of the city. The hostel we stayed in was so much fun and super cheap with the bar and restaurant inside as well! I love this city!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment