Pieces of me . . .
- Switzerland_Aupair
- Zurich, Switzerland
- I am currently living and working as an aupair near Zurich, traveling in my free time, learning German, and enjoying fantastic cheese and wine!
Friday, February 6, 2009
ICF church sledding outing in Elm, Switzerland!
The church that I go to on Sunday evenings hosted a sledding event with a fondue meal on top of this alp in Elm, Switzerland! The night before our little group made supper at Oliver's, watched movies, and slept over, leaving the next morning for playtime in the snow!
Amanda, Miriam, Andrew, Oliver, and Stephanie
In the back seat: Amanda, Steph, and Miriam
On the way up to mountain! And we are almost there!!!
So incredibly breathtakingly GORGEOUS!!!
The restaurant to the left side of the photo where we had a fantastic meal before night sledding!
After my wretched wip-out, haha, looking pretty good, must say so meself. ;-)
Hehe, miriam trying to get wet clothing warm on the little heaters. I had found earlier that week some snow pants, a bit too big, but still marked down from 120CHF to 60CHF and I had to get them and I am so glad because with those and my snow boots from home my lower body stayed comfortably warm and dry!

Hehe!


These are warmers for the raclette cheese, which in my personal opinion is so much better than fondue and quite possibly the best meal one could ever have! The whole process is made and enjoyed at the table with friends and family!
Here we all are! The rest of the group took up another two tables, lol. Apparently whenever one looses their cube of bread in the cheese, that person must be punished or made to do something. Hehe, I guess the old tradition requires one to kiss their neighbors, but we also made the pact that one had to sit in the snow bare-bummed. :-D
The poor girls got wet feet and had to stuff hundreds of napkins in their boots.
Night sledding was the best thing EVER! So much fun and after finally going down by myself (first time with Miriam, second time with Oliver when I had my wipe-out) I just couldn't stop going down. Haha, I knew my body was in pain, but the cold somehow numbed it and I learned how to steer and avoid the huge dips in the runs. It was positively thrilling and beautiful and relaxing all rolled into one glorious adventure!
ROFL, at one point the lift stopped and we were terrified! We actually screamed, hehe, liberating it was!
We had an amazing time and continued to go down again and again until about 10pm. We finally left and once 6 people jammed into a 5 person car and we started to defrost . . . I realized how much pain my body was feeling from the glorious torture I had put it through. lol. It hurt so bad everywhere I could scarsly move the hour or so back into Zurich. Thankfully we spent the night again at Oliver's and I was able to soak in the bathtub. :-/ Miram and I then slept in till 11am the next morning, groaning and taking baby steps throughout the house, haha. A week later and my legs are still a disgusting purple blue in certain spots . . . hehehe . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment