Pieces of me . . .

My photo
Zurich, Switzerland
I am currently living and working as an aupair near Zurich, traveling in my free time, learning German, and enjoying fantastic cheese and wine!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pictures of Home

Bubby with his guitar!

Sitting on the front porch . . . this is the view one just soaks in . . .

I was SO proud of momma! The kiddos had chicken pox while I was home and some friends came over to get their children to hopefully absorb the virus and have chicken pox as well. However, when they were leaving accidentely ran over one of the little kittens. :-( And as the vet was going to put down the kitten and paps told momma to see if she could fix it otherwise he would take care of it and next thing we new . . . she was "googleing" how to put in stiches. I was amazed! O_O So, momma started administering the vodka with a medicine drop into the kitten's mouth. Haha! Paps put on work gloves and held down the cat's head and front legs, while I held the back legs and momma poured peroxide on the wound several times. Took a match to burn the needle (just a sewing needle) and cleaned that, and then started to stich up the kitten. I was crying and trying to help, which I don't think I did much, but momma was so calm and collected. No way in the world I could have done that . . . And now the kitten is all healed up and walking around! O_O How awesome is that!?! We also used some homeopathic healing stuff a friend made.
Is that not disgusting!?! That is the exposed bone . . .


My hand and momma's stiching in the process.

Caramel apples and the movie enchanted!
My good friend Andrea and I went out together one of the night's I was home! We both went to a small Culinary school together and completed our internships at the Martha Washinton Inn in Abingdon, VA. While I was home she picked me up and we went to our old work, walked through the back kitchen door and surprised the two chefs who were working. Chance served us our meal and she is an AWESOME server!!! We both ordered steak (yum!!), thanks Todd!!! And then we left, went to Cracker Barrel for dessert, and then to the theatres for a late night movie, "Eagle Eye". It was so much fun and she is such a total sweetheart and even picked me up again and took me to the airport on my way back to Switzerland!
Dessert at Sam's


Touring the White's Mill!




Walking around White's Mill!






Mum making homemade soap. Watch out for that Lye!!!



On the farm . . . it is egg hunting everyday!


Hehe! Hotstuff!!!



Lol, the dog took the basket and the kiddos got it back, but the chase is still on!




Haha! No idea . . . ;-)











Paps is fixing compys!!


Lol, birthday yummies!





Happy Birhtday ANNIE!!!! Grandma Kitties TO-DIE-FOR Chocolate AMAZING Buttermilk cake . . . with her signature frosting, I might add! Haha, love Weston's face!

Mummy!

EGGS!!! Eier in Deutsch





Haha, the goats were wondering what was going on!





Dabs and me!





Ginny helping sissy with breakfast! She is a superb egg-cracker







The Pond with the few ducks we have left after Paps had to get rid of the wild dogs.

Hehe, chasing chickens





Weston picking apples


Annie and cello practice!


2 comments:

Knopf Family said...

Wow, I love your blog Dawn! I am one of your moms friends from college. I have met you before. You have grown into a beautiful young lady. I see why your parents are so proud. Your family is so inspiring to me!
Annette Knopf

Switzerland_Aupair said...

Aww! Thank you Mrs. Knopf! Glad people are enjoying my rambles throughout Europe. ;-)