Pieces of me . . .

My photo
Zurich, Switzerland
I am currently living and working as an aupair near Zurich, traveling in my free time, learning German, and enjoying fantastic cheese and wine!

Sunday, July 20, 2008

I absolutely adore the movie Sabrina with Harrison Ford!

Here is a quote from the movie when Sabrina is writting to her father after working in Paris for a year.

"Amazing . . . it's gone by so quickly . . . I want so much of you to know what it's meant to me. It's turned cold out, but I don't feel cold. Across the street someone is playing "La Vie en Rose". They do it for the tourists, but I am always surprised at how it moves me . It means seeing life through rose coloured glasses. Only in Paris where the light is pink that song makes sense, but I'll have it in my pocket when I get home and I'll take it with me wherever I go from now on."


Saturday I did absolutely diddley squat all day, but enjoyed sitting in the garden drinking coffee and reading. Why do people drink hot drinks here in the summer?!? Sweet tea with ice makes so much more sense!!! . . . I have not chewed on ice in two months?!? Haha . . .

Today I went to church with a friend and then we met another gal and together went to the "coop" in the Stadelhofen station (only store open on Sundays) and bought cheese, meat, crackers, and guess what!?! WINE!!! Lol, do I mention wine too much!?! After all I am in Europe and they drink it like water here . . . Could be worse, ya know, I could be in Russia, where I've heard they drink Vodka like water. After all, I am Presbyterian! ;-)

So we took our spoils to the lake and enjoyed our little feast, continuously glaring at the sky, daring it to rain on us. And now I am back home, writing to you lovely people and working on laundry. :-D

Tomorrow I'll have a busy day of watching the kiddos and cleaning up their apartment and my garden area, because Tuesday morning we leave to go to Spain! I am excited! It ought to be fun. Due to previous events I am no longer invited to attend them into Fance but will instead take a 20 hour train ride back to Zurich from the west coast of Spain. I ought to be back on 30th and then hopefully by that weekend my dear aunt will be visiting me for a week.

So I do believe that as this will be my last post for some time, or at least till the 30th, I wish y'all a lovely week and look forward to posting again on my return. Auf wiederschreiben! (Goodbye, till we write again.)

No comments: