Pieces of me . . .

My photo
Zurich, Switzerland
I am currently living and working as an aupair near Zurich, traveling in my free time, learning German, and enjoying fantastic cheese and wine!

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Today I was suppossed to go to the aupair meeting, however I overslept and missed the train so just enjoyed staying in today. :-)

This morning I had a bowl of the Chocolate Muesli and oh my, that is definitely better than a dessert, wow!

I then spent the morning and early afternoon working on letters, journaling, listening to music (celtic and Jewel :-P), cleaned, did my nails (they're so lovely!), and researched stuff to do in Zurich. I am now planning on spending the rest of my day after class on Friday, just rambling around Zurich. I hope to find the Starbucks where the aupairs meet and go to the museum, and a special chocolate shop. I'll also go to a book store that this website mentioned so that I may buy an English/German dictionary. There is also a Schloss and lots more but I'll save that for another day. ;-) This way I'll have a better idea of everything so that next Wednesday I may find my way without worry, hopefully. ;-)
I also spent some time today practicing tatting and now that I've learned how to make the ring I need someone to teach me how to connect them into designs.
Then this evening I picked O&J up from their day care and we had dinner and they got ready for bed and then back home for me. Now I must finish some homework before bed but first what happened last night?

Last night the kiddos took me to a special Schwingfest at their school and unfortunetely I didn't get any pictures of the kids fighting but I did get photos of some of the musicians and the awards being handed out.

A Schwingfest is Swiss wrestling! For more info and pictures, check out this website. http://members.fortunecity.com/marbanks/schw/wcschw02.htm

Music inbetween and after the wrestling. These horns were really interesting. I'd never seen them before and they sounded absolutely beautiful!

It was really fascinating. It was also so cute to watch these little people wrestle and then once one had won a match, he'd pick up the other and brush him off, too cute! The girls in their German folk dresses (can't remember the name, sorry) were lovely!

No comments: