Pieces of me . . .

My photo
Zurich, Switzerland
I am currently living and working as an aupair near Zurich, traveling in my free time, learning German, and enjoying fantastic cheese and wine!

Saturday, June 14, 2008

I am off this weekend! :-)

Friday I had class and then one of the students (from Egypt) and I walked down to this little stand that sold Turkey cuisine and I bought this wrap (not really sure what it was, lol) and it was amazing! So incredibly good! We then went over some homework and he gave me his notebook from when he took a German course in Egypt so that I can copy the notes. He helped translate some stuff, haha, cause it was in Arabic and then he walked me to the Bahnhof. I am working on rewriting my notes really neat and in order to make it easier when I review. This class is 12 hours a week (a bit of overload) but I am really glad it is intense (when I can understand it. ;-) ) because it keeps me into the language. Watching TV helps too because even though I cannot understand it, I am hearing how the words are formed.

I then watched the kiddos while Mr and Mrs went out for a date. We watched the chipmunk movie and that was really wierd. Highpitched singing in German, really odd.

Come to find out the Aupairs are going to the Alps next weekend, which didn't work out for me because that is when the kiddos and I and the Mrs are going to Italy!!! I am so thrilled! I also found out that during the Holidays (the two months kids are out of school) I will be going with them for a week or so to Barcelona, Spain and we will be driving through France. Not really sure where in France we will be going, but we are going!!! Ahh! This is just too surreal!

Today I slept in super late and then took at walk, did the recycling, ate, finished the laundry, and worked on the garden area. The garden had not been attended to in several months therefore branches were clipped, spiders were slaughtered, the sitting area was swept, and the chairs aired out. I also attempted to get the little push mower to work and somehow managed to get the tiny grass area cut. I moved the furniture around and now it looks rather nice. Once I get some citronella candles and I am certain the spiders are dead or resigned to stay in the corners then I'll do my homework out there, read and be lazy in the sun.

Off to call the family and work on some homework. :-P

No comments: