Ah . . . how glorious . . . it is about to storm! *beams*
Today was another long day, but it went smother so hopefully I am adjusting alright. ;-)
This morning got ready, did the morning stuff at their house and started on the lunch for when I returned after class. The evening before Mrs demonstrated the sauce and we portioned everything out! Lol, so much different than back home. :-) Each person was allowed 100 mg I believe (lol, I think about 3/4- 1c.) and then on to catch the train and the kiddos to school.
I met a classmate at the 8:05 train (he is from Brazil) and he helped me with the bus system once we arrived in Wetzikon, lol, and wow, I arrived in time and it only took three minutes to take the bus when walking takes 15. :-P Class was great. I was very boggled for a bit but I am so glad the guys help me out. They all speak English but it varies, so if all are talking to me between the three than lol, I usually end up understanding. And I am so pleased that I can start sprinkling my speech with german. I was tickled to death when I asked the teacher to schrieben (sp?) student. Lol, it isn't impressive I know, but thrills me to be able to learn it. I hate it that I cannot speak to random people, but hopefully soon. ;-)
Once back we ate and then the kiddos went back to school and I went to the Migros for the shopping and recycling. Lol, so I thought I was doing it right until I realized I put some of the cardboard into the cans as a lady passed by. *sigh* I felt like an idoit! Lol, I can't blame her though because it was rather funny, because after I realized what I did, I made a weird gutteral sound and tried to get it out and then realized how futile that was. Oh my . . . So then I just stolled away, looking important, and made my way to the market. I was able to find the other recycling after asking a lady (who spoke english!!!) Enschuldigung (excuse me) and she helped me out a bit. Thank goodness! Once finished I checked out (a triumph because I gave the right amount and was able to say Danke!!! ;-) ) I walked back with the groceries and O and I went out to pick up the dry cleaning and buy ice cream.
Then this afternoon I opened all the windows to air the house and cleaned the floors and we read some English magazines and everyone walked to ballet and futbol. While watching J play I worked on some homework and once Mr and Mrs arrived I walked back to make O and me supper which consisted of cheese, fruit, yogurt, bread, cold meats, and water. We then read Olivia books (about the pig, they are so cute!) and it was off to bed for her and back home for me. I walked in about 9pm after a rather long day, but it was lovely nonetheless.
Now I must go to look at the train maps to find my way to a new place tomorrow and be ready for class. :-)
Gute Nacht!
Pieces of me . . .
- Switzerland_Aupair
- Zurich, Switzerland
- I am currently living and working as an aupair near Zurich, traveling in my free time, learning German, and enjoying fantastic cheese and wine!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment